subscribe

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Really scraping the bottom of the trench

When I first heard about the BBC series Bonekickers I was quite enthralled. I love history and archaeology, I love drama and mystery so, what could be better than those subjects combined? Well, a lot of things actually. Headaches, boring train journeys, a visit from those chaps who sell religion door to door to name a few examples. It truly is that bad.

I really tried to like it, but it just wasn't possible. Quite frankly I find the whole thing ridiculous. The characters are flat and two dimensional, the story lines are predictable and overtly PC. I won't even go into the horribly simplistic approach to the technical bits.

Naturally, I hope there won't be a second series. However, I'm miffed at the missed opportunity, Gnomeflickers had the potential to be an interesting and exciting drama which would have had a captive audience if the viewing figures for factual history programmes are anything to go by. Instead we got something which should have been buried under 20 feet of 'natural'.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's complete tosh but I'm rather enjoying it.
    Of course, it doesn't hurt that I fancy the pants off Julie Graham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, so you're the viewer LOL

    ReplyDelete

"You talkin' to me?" In other words, your participation is most welcome :-)