subscribe

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Cast That Classic Week 1 - The African Queen

OK, forgive the really naff title, I have a terrible job trying to think of good ones. (On the plus side, I could probably get a job writing headlines for the tabloid press.) Getting back to the point, I have really caught the meme bug, so much so, that I thought I would come up with one of my own. I thought long and hard about suitable subjects, so many are already covered more than adequately, and finally I decided on . . . Cast That Classic. The idea is, each week I pick a book, or film and you Dear Reader, post suggestions for a possible cast.


This week the subject is the 1951 classic, The African Queen. You can read about the original version here. And when you have done that, post your suggestions for the characters of Charlie Allnut, Rose Sayer, and Rev. Samuel Sayer. If you are feeling brave, you could also suggest a possible director. You can either answer here, or on your own blog, but don't forget to post the url here, so that we can all come over and have a read.


My own answers are:

Charlie Allnut - Robert De Niro

Rose Sayer
- Jodie Foster

Rev. Samuel Sayer - Stephen Fry

Director - Ridley Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

"You talkin' to me?" In other words, your participation is most welcome :-)